PRACTICE SET "A"

BASED ON ASSERTIVE SENTENCE:

Q. CHANGE INTO INDIRECT SPEECH.

1. ARUN SAYS ,"THERE IS NO INK IN THE INKPOT."

2. The teacher says," the girl was lazy."

3. The principal says," Sneha will fail"

4. Mukesh will say," dinner is ready."

5. Binay will say, "No body was in the room."

 6. Mr. Pandey will say, "Suresh will not pass."

7. Veena said, "Anupam works very hard."

8. Ajit said, "Rekha swims daily" 

9. She said, "Aman is working hard."

10. They said, "The girls are playing cricket."

11. Ram said, "Sita has done her work." 

12. He said, "Binod has written the letter."

13. She said, "The boy may pass."

14. I said, "I can do the sum."

15. Ajay said, "Raman returned at night." 

16. Meena said, "Mr. Thakur came at night."

 17. Nilu said, "All were laughing at the beggar."

18. Vijay said, "All the girls are singing"

19. The teacher said, "Manish will not pass."

20. I said, "I shall try to help her." 

21. The teacher said, "Honesty is the best policy."

22. Father said, "The earth moves round the sun."

23. He said, "God loves all things below."

24. Mohan said, "I am busy."

25. He said, "I have done my work."

26. He said, "I shall do my best." 27. I said, "I will not go there."

28. I said, "The publisher likes me."

29. Mr. Prasad said, "You are wrong." 

30. Butan said to Mukesh, "You are a good boy."

31. Meera said to Munni, "You are a good girl." 

32. Manoj said to Udan, "You have not done your work."

33. Mr. Pandey said to her, "You have done your duty."

34. He said to me, "He is ill."

35. He said to me, "She is not to blame."

36. Prabha said to you, "You are right."

37. He said, "I am busy now."

38. She said, "I have seen this boy before." 

39, I said, "These mangoes are sweet."

40. Mr. Thakur said to Sudhir jee, "I finished the work long before."

41. Sunil said, "The girl is here."

42. She said, "Binit will come tomorrow." 

43. Bhavna said, "Today is a fine day."

44. Ramita said, "I will go to Mumbai tomorrow." 

45. Mukesh said, "I went to the cinema last night."

46. Abha said, "This happened yesterday. "

47. He said, " You play football very well." 

48. I said to her, " You are an idiot girl."

49. He said to me , "You have helped my mother ." 

50. They said, "Yesterday we went to the cinema ." 

51. The boys said, "It will be stormy to night."

52. Mr. Thakur said to the students, 
"I shall not teach your class tomorrow ." 

53. The director said to the students, "Tomorrow will be a fine day." 

54. The old man said to the beggar , "I will not give you a single penny ."

55. The teacher said to me , You have done well in examination . " 

56. She said , " I am unwell. " 

57. He said , "My brother is writing letters."

58. Ravi said, "I have passed the examination ."

59.Ankit said, "The cow died in the night."

60.Rup Babu said to me," I don't belive you."

61. He said , "I am glad to be here this evening ."

62.He says, "I am glad to be here this evening ."

63. The teacher remarked ," You all have done very badly."

64. He says, "I am going to Patna."

65.He will say , "I did not go there."

67.I said, "I did not go to the station."

68.He said, "My brother is coming ."

69. He said , "Union is strength."

70. Mother said, "The sun rises in the east."

71. She says, " I read a book."

72. You will say , "  I saw a picture."

73. They said, "We went to college ."

74. He said to me , " You sing well."

75. I said to Veena, "You should see me."

76. I said to you, "He gave me a pen.''

77. He said , "Here is a pen." 

78. You said, "Tomorrow is a holiday."

79. He said, " Two and four is six."

80.  The teacher said to us , "When the cat is away, the mice will play."

81. He said , "the brave alone deserve the fair."

82. Gandhijee said, "Non voilence is the best means of achieving success."

83. The teacher said , " The sum of three angles of a triangle is two right angles."

84. He said , "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing."

85. They said, " Time tide wait for no man."

86. My father says, Labour never goes in vain."

87.She said, "We are mortal."

88. She said, " I had won the prize."

89.They said to the boys, " You sang well."

90. Mohan said to me ," I wanted to help you."

91. She said, " I was absent in the class."

92.Ram said , "I had to do the work."

93.She said to me , "I had no time for you."

94.She said, "I had been waiting for you for two hours."

95. He said to me , "I can defeat you."


96.They said to us, '' We are giving a nice present ."

97.She said to me , "Yours is black and mi00ne is white."

98. I said to him, "I love you and your cat."

99. He said, "I could pass the examination."

100. He will say to me, "I need your co-operation."

101. The preacher said, "Work is worship."

102. The teacher remarked, "A bad carpenter always quarrels with his tools."

103. They said, "We cannot escape death."

104. The saint said, "Diamond cuts diamond."

105. He said, "Every potter praises his pot."

106. They said, "Contentment is happiness."

107.She said, "A bad man is better than bad name."

108. He said, "A burnt child dreads the fire."

109. The businessman said, "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush."

110. They said, "The innocent have nothing to fear."

111. He said, "Something is better than nothing."

112. Mukesh said to the children, "Riches have wings."

113. The minister said, "Poverty breeds strife."

114. He said, "Rome was not built in a day."

115. She said, "Pure gold doesnot fear the flame."

116. Mr. Thakur said to the students, "Respect youself and you will be respected."

117. Grandfather said, "The sun is a big ball of fire."

118. He said, "Example is better than precept."

119. The teacher said, "Five plus five is ten."

120. The Home minister said to the people, "Fortue favours the brave."

121. Mr. Mishra said, "Money begets money."

122. Father said, "Man proposes, God disposes."

123. "I saw a goat in the garden yesterday." he said. 

124. He said to me,"I have been reading since morning."

125. I said to my friend, "I shall return on sunday."

126. She said to the queen," My Lord, I am a very poor woman and need your mercy."

127. The officer said, "Brothers and sisters, I know very well that you did everything that you could."

128. She said, "Ajay, you are my life."

129. "Okay, I will come again tomorrow." He said.

130. She said, "You cannot be my lover."

131."Well, I will punish you today." She said.

132. The leader said, "Dear friends, I can't do without your help."

133. "Usha is my sister." He said."

134. Hanuman said, "You are a great cheat, Surya."

135. I said to him, " I don't know what Shobhana is doing."

136, She said, "He always ignored me."

137. My mother said, "You should take care of your health."

138. He said, "I did it yesterday."

139.He said, "My father died a year ago."

140. He said, "I wrote to her the day before yesterday."

141. She said, "I am going away tomorrow."

142. He said, "I shall join the office next week."

143. I said to the students, "I have sympathy for you."

144. The girl said to her mother, "I shall obey you."

145. He said, "I was present."

146. He said, "I was busy, so I didn't help you."

147. You said to her, "I have not beaten your dog."

148. Ajay said to Ajit, "You are my best friend."

149. She said to them, "This is mine and that is yours."

150.She says to Mohan, "If you give me a pen, I shall give you a book."


Practice set B

Based on Interrogativre sentences.

Change into indirect speech. 

1. Mohan said to me, "Are you ill ?"

2. He said to Binay, "Have you a black pen?"

3. Veena said to me, "Can you kill a lion?"

4. She said to him, "Will you help me?"

5. She said to Mr. Thakur, "Are you joining tomorrow?"

6. Meena said to him, "Should you beat him?"

7. Vijay said to his brother, "Should you beat him?"

8. I said to you, "Did you teach my brother?"

9. He said to her, "Do you know the way?"

10.He said to Nilu, "Were you living in Mumbai?"

11. They said to me, "Do we not help you?"

12. Anju said to me, "Are you rich?"

13.He said to me, "Were you busy?"

14. Murari said to me, "Are you going today?"

15. He said to me, "Was I not teasing you?"

16. "Have you read the Geeta?" He asked me. 

17. She said to him, "Can you do this work?"

18. "Do you believe in ghost?" She said to wizard.

19. "Do you really know the magic?" The king said. 

20. The boy said, "Do you know the way to station?"

21. He said to me, "Do I play cricket?"

22. The people said, Will India win the mach ?"

23. Dilip said to him, "Do you going to the movie tonight?"

24. Binit asked, "Are the boys here?"

25. He said,"Is Binay your brother?"

26.I said to her, "Did you go away?"

27. Hema said, "Is the principal in the office?"

28. She said, "Has Mukesh many friends?"

29. She said to me, "Can you speak english?"

30. Mr. Thakur said to me, "Will you help me ?"

31. My wife said, "Have you done your work?"

32. "Shall we meet at the platform?" They said.